Khalid Nasr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Khalid Nasr

My profile is open for you

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EMERGENCY PLUS IN PAKISTAN--1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MAJOR(R)KHALID NASR
Admin
MAJOR(R)KHALID NASR

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-30

EMERGENCY PLUS IN PAKISTAN--1 Empty
PostSubject: EMERGENCY PLUS IN PAKISTAN--1   EMERGENCY PLUS IN PAKISTAN--1 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 7:52 pm

“ EMERGENCY PLUS IN PAKISTAN “ A state of emergency has been declared in Pakistan and a Provisional Constitution Order (PCO) has been promulgated, holding the constitution in abeyance. This PCO has been signed by Chief of Army Staff---General Pervaiz Musharaf and not by the President Musharaf .This PCO empowers the President Musharaf to amend the constitution .The proclamation of emergency order cited increased interference by Supreme Court in administrative affairs and increasing number of terrorist attacks as justification. We had been hearing that “haste makes waste”. Our supreme judiciary has practiced this proverb. It is obvious that our Supreme Court had been continuously taking decisions and actions against the Administrative Block. Senior officials had been humiliated in the courts and Musharaf had been the main target of all judicial decisions and actions. The notification of Presidential Election was delayed without any sound reason. The entire nation had been placed in a state of uncertainty. President Musharaf had been adopting the policy of wait and see but judiciary was in a great hurry for taking anti-Musharaf decisions. A process for the restoration of civilian –led democracy had already started but our judiciary was unwilling to tolerate Musharaf’s uniform till Nov,1 5 , 2007.I t is very unfortunate for Pakistan and NOW, I do not see any chance for restoration of democracy or General Elections in near future. Rather, I am sensing the repetition of Ayub—Yahya scenario. Unfortunately, we are a very impatient nation and ultimately we suffer for it.
Back to top Go down
http://khalidforums.forumotion.com

EMERGENCY PLUS IN PAKISTAN--1
Page 1 of 1